Find Your Path
At the core, our company is in the business of building and empowering people. If you are interested in pursuing a career with us, please see below for current available openings. To apply for an opening, please eMail your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. If no openings exist at this time, you are welcome to fill out the contact form below to get in touch.
Business IT Support Technician
We are looking for a skilled, knowledgeable and charismatic support technician that is eager to work and grow with a winning team. This person must be able to present themselves well, follow directions responsibly and communicate clearly. Our business is built on building friendly, long-term relationships with our clients, therefore good interpersonal and relational skills are a must.
In addition to great interpersonal skills, this person must have the expertise and knowledge necessary to provide quality tech support for small to medium sized businesses. This person will help resolve client IT issues in a quick and responsive manner by troubleshooting problems, leveraging their own personal expertise and the expertise of the team.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks that leverage the power of technology to propel our clients to greater success. Above all, the right person must be able to maintain good working relationships with existing clients and represent the company well.
- Assists primary technicians by responding to support tickets and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding client through corrective steps
- Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Performs troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Deploys and maintains client networks and workstations
- Organizes and schedules recommended upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Diagnoses and resolves network and file sharing issues in a workplace environment
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots client software applications
- Improves client system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes
- Improves client information by writing and maintaining accurate, clear and detailed documentation
- Maintains records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks
- Ensures security and privacy of networks and computer systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant experience (2+ Years)
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- A well operating vehicle and ability to visit clients regularly
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- Professional business attire and the ability to present self well
- Desire to grow with and contribute to a winning team
- Experience in virtualization deployment and management recommended but not required
- Certification as IT Technician recommended but not required (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
Pay for this position will depend on experience, ranging between $13 and $19 / hour to start, with pay and bonus incentives to be given for excellent work and continued satisfaction of customers and fellow team members. We also provide training and development for our staff and are committed to helping all members of our team grow both personally and professionally. We are also committed to maintaining a fun, engaging, and gratifying work environment, which means we are very selective in hiring people that will be a good fit for our team.